Monday, August 29, 2005

nik has no idea how right she may have been she said "your ipod speaks to you."

"don't travel on trains" indeed. today (well, yesterday) at least. you might just faint.

after posting my latest p.a. moment yesterday, i worked my workday and then caught the train home. i have to change lines downtown where i usually call the boy who will then meet me at our station to walk the last little bit home.

there were some delays yesterday as they were doing some rack maintainance and single-tracking the east-west lines.

i had felt a little funny all week. the smells you find in the marta station were certainly not helping. but when the train stopped just a half-mile or so from my station to wait for another train to clear, what i was not ready for was a sudden onset of nausea, headache, weakness, and my favorite vertigo.

it all comes back to u2, huh?

everything had gone slightly yellow and i had a feeling it wasn't going as quickly as it arrived. i quickly grabbed my bag to grab my phone to call the boy to say drive to the station. softly, as not to alarm any passengers who might be inclined to feel concern, i said can you take the truck and meet me at the station, i think i might faint.

of course, this not being a big word in his english vocab, i had to repeat it numerous times... and i saw in my peripheral several sharp movements of the head. how embarrassing.

the car stopped and the doors opened up on my station just in time for the worst of the vertigo to hit, but i made it to a bench and immediately began removing as many items of clothing as decency allowed, and tried to not think about puking. might i add, yoga breathing comes in really handy here.

verdict: dehydratrion and overheating. but damn was that scary.

when your ipod speaks to you, listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home