Tuesday, August 23, 2005

LOOT, continued...

an excerpt from an email i received yesterday from nik

(i apologize vehemently for the blatant plagarism, but if i were to so much as attempt to paraphrase this, i would do her cleverness no justice)

18. "Ready for your birthday present? I quit smoking Saturday! Yay! The gift of life! Joy!

"I did say to myself that I like the idea of us, later in life, being little old ladies who visit each other and take vacations like going to plays in London and New York and such. So this was a fitting gift, considering that I can't do this if, well, I die unusually early."

Can i just say... that's awesome! No one has ever stopped smoking for me.


also...
in keeping with my resolution, here are the three days' worth of observations i denied you this past weekend:

a) if capitalism=narcotics, the container store=crack.

b) tube tops + women who are well-endowed = bad combination UNLESS it is an occupational necessity. because i am sorry, but it will ALWAYS look like an occupational necessity.

c)my intense dislike of most things rolling stones seems damn near hypocritical in light of my deep passion for all things supergrass. and the world would commit me if i actually voiced my genuine opinion that supergrass are, indeed, the superior rock band of the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home