Wednesday, August 24, 2005

as is often the case, i had a song stuck in my head this morning.

the boo radley's most famous single - if you can even use that term in regards to them anywhere besides the island kingdom from which they originated - is a song titled "Wake Up, Boo!"

granted, one has nothing to do with the other, but i initially fell in love with this song because as a little girl (and even now, in fact) to my family i was boo boo, or just plain boo. so, "wake up, boo!" was exactly what i dreaded hearing every school morning and anticipated every christmas one.

happy childhood + catchy britpop tune = a memeory that then preoccupies your brain while you wait for the train

this thought then led me to mentally catalogue every nickname i have ever acquired in these 28 years. (nah - i am not obsessing...)

kittykat just seemed to appear because my gramma didn't watch hanna barbera and so she just didn't catch the boo boo nonsense.

cousin itt backfired on the poor kid who intended it cruelly, because it seemed fitting since i was 11 with hair past my ass, and so my friends and myself all adopted it...

the newly acquired "urban warrior" though its existence as a nickname was short-lived, given by a hussy and a gentleman whom i convinced to walk a mile or so from the parking garage to the rufus show instead of taking the shuttle... and because i have in large part ditched my vehicle in favor of a public transportation/walking combo to save money, save fuel, and save my butt from becoming the size of a small european country, save time if you can believe it, and to stop adding to the evermore present global warming... but mainly to save my ass. from being huge. again.

but as i am sure you all tired of hearing by now, i am still most proud of the mrs. robinson monker that i earned in edinburgh with a beautiful purple-haired angel named dylan... his accent still rings in my ears...

have i forgotten one?

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm, hello....HOOKER!!!!!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger trixievw said...

and maybe i should add numbskull! i can't believe i neglected hooker!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and blimpie queen

I'm done now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home