Monday, May 17, 2004

one more step in the right direction. with all of this justin mess clouding my brain - and yes, there is more mess to speak of, dear god - i was able to come to one very obvious conclusion. it's time to get my head out of my ass and work on bigger, more important things.

i emailed my beloved friend jerry this morning to ask how he'd feel about seeing the capital of Wales (cardiff) in late september. i will heading to barcelona this fall to visit his little hacienda, and thought, since i have to connect in london anyway... then i promptly shot an introductory email off to the theatre school at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, where there exists the stage management post-graduate program of my dreams. because it's seven months intensive training and in WALES!!!! and because that's where richard and sean and lee have already sent their letters of rec.

so finally, i have re-motivated myself. i now remember what was so important i had to leave in the first place.

it was a strange weekend. emails came in larger quantity and greater frequency than i am used to from justin. he wouldn't tell me much, but all of this business that had me in such a tizzy was referred to as a "mess." it is not the happy news i thought it to be for him. something has gone horribly wrong. i just don't know what.

i think i would rather see him happy with someone else, no matter who, than see him hurt. if she hurt him, i will beat her. i did enough damage.

but enough. at least until i know something beyond the 8 million scenarios i have conjured up in my little brain.

i have also decided that i really want to see where things will go with boy whose arms i have spent the last of two month's worth of nights. he's wonderful and deserves better than i can give, but i will make him happy until the day my one-way flight for the uk takes off if i can.

now i must contemplate funding for this adventure. grants don't get handed out to international students very often. and oddly enough, in this case, that would be me. so i am looking at a $10K investment, roughly, to attend the school in wales. which compared to anywhere in london is a steal. so, i did something a little crazy today and applied to be an egg donor. that's a third of the cash right there. if they'll take me...

probably means i am really gonna have to watch what i eat for a while, but so far i have managed to keep the pounds off that i got rid of...

also looking very forward to the next two weekends. next week i get to cut loose, indulge a little and head out with dryden to see hybrid. maybe i'll where my edinburgh shirt to commemorate the event. then i'll come home and attack my boyfriend - or just rub his back until he just can't take it anymore.

then next friday nikki g and i (and case hopefully if i get him moved in time) will be on our way to FLA to bask in sunshine (or fry in my case, but i don't care) and escape our big city lives for a couple of days... mmmmm. hope i can remember which flavor of boone's used to be my favorite...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home