Tuesday, October 11, 2005

a yes song on teh radio yesterday sent me into one of my rock geek modes and i proceeded to give the poor t.d. on the show i am propping a brief history of yes as pertains to me.

this reminded me of one of my proudest moments...

in the heyday of rock and roll trivia at the star bar, "the orange tang clan" often found themselves just outside of placing each monday evening. but one night - with heidi, the two justins, and mark aided by dave and james - we had managed to hold our own against the big (old) boys.

it all came down to the final big all or nothing question: put the following KISS albums in order of release - Dressed to Kill, Hotter than Hell, Love Gun, Destroyer.

we were the only team that got it right.

i was the only KISS fan in the bunch.

our beer was paid for for the next two trivia nights, and i danced home drunky drunk drunk and very pleased with myself.

next time: when my regular trivia team won years later by listing Guns N Roses #1 singles.

(oh - if you're curious - Hotter than Hell, Dressed to Kill, Destroyer, and my personal favorite Love gun...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home