Friday, October 28, 2005

i received this email yesterday and i wanted to share with you all, including its composer.

an idea of why i know i would go straight to hell if i really believed in it...

first, excerpts from a recent email exchange...

So, there's this guy in Nashville who keeps a blog and while I enjoy reading it, I kind of wondered about some off-color comments he made, wondering if he was, in fact, actually an asshole. So I asked via an email, Hey, you got issues?

To which he responded:
Thats the thing that nobody on the outside really realizes about my blog.
It's aimed directly at my best friends, who just happen to be black, asian,
jewish, and one extremely gay. All my best friends from my life now live
elsewhere, and this is some sort of a way for me to talk to them (even if
they're not listening). They have all in one way or the other called me and
my blog "childish" and mildly interesting.

I sometimes forget how abrasive I can sound in how I talk. I like to think
of myself as an equal opportunity offender. That's actually what has drawn
me to my friends, our open and outright attempts at deconstructing each
other. In a mean way.

To which I responded:

Whew. What a relief. If that wasn't the case, I'd feel horrible that I enjoyed reading the blog of a complete asshole.

One of my best friends and I started even WORSE rounds of name-calling back in college during a road trip... She calls me the guinea-chink or wop-flip, and I refer to her as cracker, white trash, etc. She asks me things like if it hurts to have my feet bound, or if I've put a hit on anyone -- I ask her if she enjoys fucking her relatives and burning crosses on people's yards.

I don't know why the heck we even started this, but yeah, you can imagine how well such conversations are received, if overheard. One of my cousins thought it was "horrible." Whatever.

Aww. You made me miss Heidi!

The point of all this cutting and pasting being --- I seriously miss you! Oh whitest one!

Hee,
Love,
Half-Breed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home