Wednesday, December 28, 2005

this may very well be my last post as a single woman. in 52 hours i'll be someone's spouse. and then i won't talk about wedding crap here anymore.

here are a few things currently warming my heart:

a good book - breakfast on pluto; read in anticipation of seeing the film or, rather, cillian as a woman

a new sister - in russian they have a non-sibling term for it, but none of the russians i know can remember what exactly that term is... nevertheless, my sister-to-be arrived from the great white russia yesterday and i don't think any woman has ever been so thrilled to meet her in-laws

a man who is out buying a suit right now - with his sister. he also warms my bed.

incoming flights and rental cars - bearing many of those who love me enough to travel outside their state lines just to watch me tie the know, even if i secretly know that some are just amazed that it's finally happening after so many false starts... new york, st. louis, dc x 4 (though one is coming for ilya), nashville, and... which one am i missing?

cakes and ceremonies cooked up by my bestest friends, not to mention the playlists!

and how my parents seem almost as excited as we are...

...and most definitely not necessarily in that order...

i started this blog a happily single and free woman. i end this entry happy to bid it adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home