Saturday, March 12, 2005

clearly i have an affliction.

said affliction dictates that all my blog posts must be in list form for the duration of the month of march.

you have been warned.

without further ado... or is it adieu? (this is why my degree is in communications and not english.)

a list of really amazing things that have happened to a rock and roll child in her 27 and one half years:

1. i met david j! he hugged me! he tried to explain to me who ray davies is! in casey's car!

2. i saw the band travis in their hometown. that's GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

3. i saw some unheard of band called keane open for travis in said GLASGOW setting. i then told them about it like a big dork 3 months later.

4. kevn kinney (of atlanta fame, who you may not know if i haven't been shoving him down your throat for the last 10 years) made fun of me. sort of. in a nice way, though. he ultimately made fun of himself in the same breath, though not necessarily intentionally.

me: i have waited 12 years to actually speak to you and now i don't know what to say. i guess "thank you" will have to do it.
kevn: you could say "hey! my dad took me to see you once!"
me: well, ok. that i can.

hee hee!

5. the biggest rock star crush of my life, mr. jeff sullivan (again of local fame - and WHO LIVES IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD)... i reiterate THE BIGGEST ROCK STAR CRUSH OF MY LIFE- LIKE SINCE I WAS 13...

amanda: you wanna go get jeff's autograph?
me: nah - i don't wanna bother him.
amanda: well, here he comes.
jeff sullivan (to heidi!): hey, i saw you! you knew EVERY word. thanks for coming.

me, later to amanda: i am so gonna marry him!

6. i went to liverpool. twice. i drank at the cavern club. i walked along abbey road. i walked through a house that paul mccartney lived in. i walked through the house that john effing lennon grew up in. and i stood on the doorstep of george's childhood home.

7. i took my father. i also took him to abbbey road his first day in london. i have seen my father cry, but only at funerals. this was the first time i had seen him cry out of sheer elation. this is by far the greatest of any of these. we also saw the queen musical too, but that isn't nearly as cool when juxtaposed.

8. the "heidi and justin rock and roll tour of england": brighton (or Quadrophenia land), swindon (the land of xtc- the band - and a great cause of laughter to every brit i meet who hears i went there on holiday), through oxford, and of course the aforementioned liverpool. and london. let's not forget that place.

9. i know you're all tired of this one, but have i mentioned that michael stipe apologized to me once? for almost running me down at a tori amos show. i'd have known that bald head anywhere.

10. i had to carry on a conversation with bob mould because for the only time i have seen it in my five years of sharing an existence with him, justin was what appered to be starstruck.

and ok. they aren't rock stars, but...


i saw a) ian mckellan and b) jim broadbent on west end stages. and pete postlewaite (or mr. kubyashi to you) in a tiny little blackbox in my dream home of salisbury.

so the next time i complain that my life is dull. SLAP ME and direct me to this post.

next - reasons i have the greatest friends ever.

and no njg, that guy in that band on your mix cd that i slept with does not count as a great moment in heidi's rock and roll history. stop that snickering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home