Wednesday, October 22, 2003

i just wrote an excruciatingly long post only to lose it. i am very sad. but alas, i start again.

the application to the school in wales has now moved from my desk to my bag, though it remains incomplete. utter discouragement hit me early this week when i took a second gander at the tuition so i might try and budget for next year. $17,000. were i a resident of the UK, $7,000. being of welsh descent is, unfortunately, insufficient.

so i was feeling pretty shot down earlier this week. but then i decided i would apply anyway and see what happens. obviously something is pulling me there. so maybe it will all magically pan out. won't know if i don't try, right? (i am full of cliches today)

the plan for today is to contact lee, my wonderful college director, and send a reminder to the lovely mr. richard garner of georgia shakespeare festival and "gonna write me a rockin' letter of recommendation" fame, so that i may bring said application one step closer to completion.

i also plan to start on my "grad school in the states" back-up plan. BAMA (sorry, michael!) and VA Tech. if i have to go in the States, i'll get to britain eventually. i have to. it's my destiny. i know it.

in other news, i am going to see my new favorite band to obsess over three times before the year is out. i got my placebo tickets for atlanta and i am so excited i might explode. i feel like such a teenage girl - and it feels amazing. i'll see them in vegas next month with alexis, my oldest friend, then here in the atl, and then katherine and i are going to go to follow them up to dc and catch them there and crash on her sister's floor - maybe. maybe crashing. definitely following placebo.

i just heard - seconds ago - that elliot smith committed suicide yesterday. i now remember what i felt and where i was when i heard jeff buckley had died. i can't write any more at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home